Welcome to Project Knitway or should I say Project Renottaway? It's my cyberspace place to post my favorite things...thoughts about family and creativity and design. One of my favorite things is making stuff, specifically clothing and accessories from fiber and metal. So you'll see a lot about that here. I also love spending time with my family, so there will be a bit about that too. When I'm not with my family or in my studio, I am most likely at nextdoor, my store. I have always had a store ever since I was a young woman. I started with a weaving store called the niddy noddy in Waukesha eons ago. I ended with nextdoor in Brookfield. It's my dream store filled with great clothing, especially denim. Really nice women work and shop there, it's a fun place to be. You can find us there every day and online at www.shopatnextdoor.com So come for a visit here and there.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Orange You Glad





Orange...just saying the word makes me happy. It's one of my favorite colors and this season one of the fashionable colors to wear. Thank goodness, after all that grey. Orange is said to be a power color. Some believe it heals and others say it increases your appetite, stimulates enthusiasm and sparks creativity. Whatever the color orange does, I just know I enjoy working with it, wearing it and decorating with it. A few examples...


I recently knit this sweater using different shades of orange. I kept the bright orange yarn throughout the piece & added other shades as I knit. It's a fun sweater to wear with strands of orange & brass beads. The body of the sweater is just your basic rectangle, but I switched it up a bit by knitting triangles for the sleeves, creating an interesting "flutter" sleeve. 






This year I decided to carry the color orange throughout my shade gardens in hopes that I will have bright bursts of color well into fall. I planted five hundred of these little flowers and have already been rewarded with a beautiful view. An extra bonus, hummingbirds!


 Oh, and yes there I am with my orange jeans and my new orange hair!