Welcome to Project Knitway or should I say Project Renottaway? It's my cyberspace place to post my favorite things...thoughts about family and creativity and design. One of my favorite things is making stuff, specifically clothing and accessories from fiber and metal. So you'll see a lot about that here. I also love spending time with my family, so there will be a bit about that too. When I'm not with my family or in my studio, I am most likely at nextdoor, my store. I have always had a store ever since I was a young woman. I started with a weaving store called the niddy noddy in Waukesha eons ago. I ended with nextdoor in Brookfield. It's my dream store filled with great clothing, especially denim. Really nice women work and shop there, it's a fun place to be. You can find us there every day and online at www.shopatnextdoor.com So come for a visit here and there.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Tis the Season

I've been working on my Project a Day Blog since February 9th. It's been a great experience creating a piece a day using some of my favorite materials:fiber, fabric, beads and metal. One of my best pieces is a long continuous scarf knit from a cozy yarn. You can literally wrap yourself up in it and stay very warm. With about 45 days left in my blog, I decided to knit as many of these scarves as possible and donate them to the Hebron House Shelters in Waukesha, Wisconsin. I'm asking my customers to help me out by donating 2 skeins of Homespun yarn in return for a 50% off coupon. The scarf is easy to knit and makes a great gift or donation. Just cast on 50 stitches every other needle and knit 240 rows at tension 8. Bind off and sew the ends together. For more information on my project go to http://www.shopatnextdoor.com/

Happy Holidays and stick to your knitting.

Renotta