Welcome to Project Knitway or should I say Project Renottaway? It's my cyberspace place to post my favorite things...thoughts about family and creativity and design. One of my favorite things is making stuff, specifically clothing and accessories from fiber and metal. So you'll see a lot about that here. I also love spending time with my family, so there will be a bit about that too. When I'm not with my family or in my studio, I am most likely at nextdoor, my store. I have always had a store ever since I was a young woman. I started with a weaving store called the niddy noddy in Waukesha eons ago. I ended with nextdoor in Brookfield. It's my dream store filled with great clothing, especially denim. Really nice women work and shop there, it's a fun place to be. You can find us there every day and online at www.shopatnextdoor.com So come for a visit here and there.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Poncho Viva

I had a request for the "how to" on this poncho. It's one of my favorite pieces to knit and is super easy whether you knit by hand or machine. It's basically just one long rectangle 26" wide and 60" long. Here again you just have to know your gauge. For example, if it's 4 st/" and
5 rows/" cast on 104 st and knit 300 rows. You can knit textured stitches or the faux rib stitch I've previously discussed or just about any stitch that fancies you. Once you have the rectangle knit, fold it in half and stitch up the shoulder seam and the side seam as shown in the diagram. You can sew the seams by hand or machine, whatever your preference. In blogs ahead, I'll add collars and other decorative touches to make your poncho unique. So enjoy your knitting and long live the poncho

Materials Used: 3 skeins of Homespun by Lion Brand