Welcome to Project Knitway or should I say Project Renottaway? It's my cyberspace place to post my favorite things...thoughts about family and creativity and design. One of my favorite things is making stuff, specifically clothing and accessories from fiber and metal. So you'll see a lot about that here. I also love spending time with my family, so there will be a bit about that too. When I'm not with my family or in my studio, I am most likely at nextdoor, my store. I have always had a store ever since I was a young woman. I started with a weaving store called the niddy noddy in Waukesha eons ago. I ended with nextdoor in Brookfield. It's my dream store filled with great clothing, especially denim. Really nice women work and shop there, it's a fun place to be. You can find us there every day and online at www.shopatnextdoor.com So come for a visit here and there.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Daily Monitor

You may be wondering why I'm including this in my project blog about knitting. Well here's the thing, next to designing knitwear and jewelry, I love to decorate. Nothing expensive, just what I can do with Pier I, Target and the like. So when I finally decided AJ was old enough to move upstairs, I decorated Andrea's old room for him. It was really fun to fill it with cute stuff from Target and haul out all Andrea's stuffed animals that I saved all these years. It was great to see the room come back to life. The first time I showed it to AJ he took a walk through and said "all done" and left. The next time went better, so last night when he stayed over I was hoping he was ready for the new space. It actually went well, he slept like a lamb. Me, I was awake all night, not because of AJ but this thing called a monitor. There it was all set up on my night table flashing and blinking away like a beacon. It wasn't till I unplugged it at 4am that I caught a few winks. It's a handy device, one that I'm sure I'll get used to with time. Funny thing about it is that I feel like he's watching me as I watching him. So I'm monitoring AJ and he's monitoring me...the daily monitor.